Thursday, June 30, 2011

Going back to basics!

26 bliss by oldlibmike

OK, after doing a piece in 5/4 time on the iPad, another with only one synth plug-in and another in under 1 minute, I sort of wanted something basic.

I put together the song above in Garageband for the iPad, uploaded it to the newest version of Logic 9 Express and remixed there. Very basic track with drums, bass, 2 guitars and a synth. This one sort of sounds like it needs lyrics and vocals - maybe if I get ambitious or find a singer that will happen.

Garageband on the iPad is equally amazing and frustrating. The performance aspects are incredible and then you try to edit/mix....not so much there. Thankfully, it is now possible to upload to either Garageband '11 or Logic 9 easily and continue the process there. It is a one-way trip though.

My wife isn't a huge fan of electronica but 26 years is a very long time for me to be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment